While the mercury level is set to reach newer margin, how do you and your little ones plan to beat the heat? Kids should get some pause from the heat and have fun at the same time. What better way to have fun than splashing in a pool. So are you heading towards the pool or beach this summer? You might need some swim diapers so that your kid doesn’t shut the pool down with a Crap.
Swim diapers are unique since they don’t contain water crystals (polyacrylate of sodium) like their regular type thus do not absorb the liquid. If they do, they will swell immediately like a typical diaper once they hit the water and lose their restraint power. However, if you assume that this will contain pee than you are wrong because its job is not to hold pee, the only purpose of a swim diaper is to carry poop and block the spread of all the filth that comes with it.
Why Need a Swim Diaper for Your kid?
Swimming diapers usually made for babies or young children, which is worn underneath a bathing suit, or as a bathing suit. Moreover, the purpose of a swim diaper is only to contain solid waste, which helps the children swim around comfortably without messing the pool water. In addition, we are giving more information that will help you to understand the benefits of a swim diaper elaborately.
- Prevent bathroom accidents in the pool
- Reasonably decrease the spread of fecal bacterial contamination
- Halt waste from spreading bacteria like E. coli
- Do not swell-up like regular diapers in the water
- Easy to use on a pool-day
- Come in various sizes
- Easy to find product
How to Use Swim Diapers?
The main task of any swim diaper is that they work accurately to prevent an embarrassing poop accident, and honestly reusable diapers that are adjustable tend to fit better than their counterparts do.
- Put the swim diaper on infant or child
- Put swim bottom over swim diaper (this is optional)
- Check swim diaper for foul every 30-60 minutes
- Use the bathroom for toddlers and check in every 30-60 minutes.
- If soiled, change the diaper in a bathroom, not in the pool (some might find it gross)
- Throw away used disposable swim diaper in the bin OR wash reusable swim diaper and store
Types of Swim Diapers
Two main types of swim diapers disposable ones and those can be reused. Parents often dismiss the thought of cleaning and reusing any diaper since they are not interested in dealing with the mess. However, for some families, reusable swim diapers may be the more sensible option for different reasons. Although, if you’re considering service and low maintenance, then the disposable swim diaper is always the best option.
Differences between the Diapers
Which swim diaper you may choose, the most important thing is, it works underwater perfectly or not? The purpose of a swim diaper is to block any poop, so the stool doesn’t contaminate the swimming area.
Disposable Swim Diapers
Disposables diapers come in three different diaper sizes and much comfortable for babies. Moreover, the best thing about this diaper is you don’t have to put your hand on the crap, pull out the diaper and throw that into the bin.
This type is very to remove by tearing the sides and dirty diapers can be tossed in the garbage without hesitation.
- Containing poop sometimes become messy for
- don’t come in smaller sizes
- Can cause rashes and chafing and can be very saggy
- Need to be changed as soon as they are dirty
If you swim scarcely, disposable swim diapers are the most way to go. Try to bring extra supply, in case your little one needs a change,
Reusable Swim Diapers
Reusable swim diapers kind of a favorite among parents and pool operators even by frequent swimmers. These diapers usually fit better since they don’t stretch out and sag. These diapers also came in various sizes, though not like disposal swimming diapers it has a small size available for purchasing.
- Reusable swim diapers are Budget friendly for frequent swimmer
- Two or three pieces should cover the summer
- Reusable diapers that have Velcro on the side are much easier to change
- The cost varies, from $8 to $25
- Can be reused after the wash
- The biggest downside to reusable is, have to wash them well
- Always have to carry some disposable diaper sacks or a wet bag along to contain the mess until you get back home
Which One is More Comfortable?
Parents always want their child to remain comfortable in their swim diaper, whether it is a reusable one or a disposable one. For your child, having fun in the water is important, making them so distracted by an uncomfortable diaper that they rip that off would be sad.
You need to try out both swim diaper in order to evaluate them, but you can get a basic idea by feeling the fabric and looking that position of snaps or Velcro. If you really want to try them out, test them wet.
Keep in mind whether sand will be trapped in the swim diaper or not if your family is headed to the beach than definitely, you don’t want to ruin the fun with a painful rash. To give you some hints about good products in the following segment we decorated a list of diapers that might be helpful for you.
Don’t use swim diapers that soak up too much liquid, which ultimately becomes heavy. These diapers will hamper a child’s fun for sure.
Top Five Swim Diapers Of 2018
Parents who like to choose the best product for their kids to avoid unnecessary pain, for this reason, we research a lot and bring out some gems from the swim diapers industry. Hope it will be plenty for you good people.
Huggies Little Swimmers
Huggies Little Swimmers cope very well for most of the families who are searching for a good quality disposable swim diaper. It has leak guards thus soak water like ordinary diapers, so your child won’t feel heavy with this diaper.
- These diapers generally can be tossed in the trash after water fun is over
- There are sides in the diaper that can be ripped that make clean-up even easier
- New diaper is needed each time your child plays in the water
- Comparatively cost you more (a whole pack could be used in a day in some cases)
- Parents cannot be happy sometimes because the package included some pink designs, which they didn’t want to use for little boys
Nageuret Reusable Swim Diapers
The Nagueret Swim Diaper is an excellent choice for families who like to play in the water all summer. These diapers will save you because it is adjustable for a newborn up until a child weighs 36 pounds. There are numerous snaps for the legs and waist. These diapers are re-washable so that they can be used repeatedly.
- This diaper is flexible for the size of your child’s waist and legs
- The inner part of the diaper has a pleasant setting for your child
- Usually, these are not available in stores thus you will have to purchase them online without having a chance to check them out in person first
- The Velcro can be a little baffling, so you may have to try out too many diapers to get the best fit for your child
Alvababy Reusable Swim Diapers
Sometimes it is difficult to make equity with the craving for durability with concerns about the sensitive skin of babies. The Alva Baby swim diapers are an excellent choice for your babies. Theses diapers soft polyester mesh lining and rubbery element around openings for your baby’s comfort.
- Can do machine wash
- it ha
- s snaps that make easy to remove a soiled swim diaper
- This is gender neutral and might feel odd for parents to give pink diaper to their boy child
- Sizing issues are hefty with this diapers
I play Reusable Swim Diaper
Not all parents like trendy, eye-catching patterns for their child. The I play Baby Snap Reusable Absorbent Swim Diaper is perfect for those who want something basic. This product is also thinner than average and that’s why it can be worn under swimsuits.
It has three layers, including a specialized layer to help prevent rashes, an absorbent layer, and an outer layer to contain further accidents
- It is not adjustable for different fits
- Some parents feel this diapers tightly around their child’s leg
Store baby Reusable Swim Diapers
Store baby Swim Diapers are very affordable and feature multiple adjustment options. A child with different weight and age can wear these swim diapers from the time they weigh only six pounds to when they weigh twenty-eight pounds
- You can use them for both genders
- These swim diapers are very solvent helps you to purchase more
- the swim diapers are too tight on their child according to some parents
- They are machine washable hence
Summertime activities are favorite leisure hustle among most of us that involve playing in some water. It is not a good idea to exclude the little ones from the fun just because they not yet learned how to use the potty. However, bring a baby less than six months old into a public swimming pool is not a good idea and its just a suggestion nothing mandatory.
Remember, you don’t want the diaper to be tight to block stuff, so make sure that you are ordering perfect size to do their job well. Though, don’t buy them so tight that they cause redness around the thighs. The most important thing is, always buy products that are cheap and comfortable to use.